Yum: Cherry Coconut Energy Balls
Cherry Coconut Energy Balls
These coconut balls make for awesome lunch snacks. Plenty of protein, good fat and a little hit of carbs.
Yield: 16 balls
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground sea salt
- 3 organic egg yolks, whisked
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee, slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried bing cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, mashed sweet potato, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the yolks, ghee, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest.
- Mix well.
- Add the coconut flour, and thoroughly combine.
- Gently mix in the cherries.
- Pour the coconut flakes into a medium bowl.
- Roll the dough into 16 balls.
- Dredge each ball through the coconut, pressing to adhere.
- Place the balls on the parchment.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly brown.
Let cool completely, and then store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Workout of the Day 3/7/2017 – Tuesday
A. Maintenance/Open Prep
ME Unbroken Reps (250#/180#)
ME Unbroken Reps (200#/140#)
ME Unbroken Reps (150#/110#)
Complete 2 max effort, unbroken sets at each weight. Rest 1 minute between each set. Score for load, e.g. 10 reps at 250 (say 6, then 4) would be 2500, then 20 reps at 200 = 4000, finally 20 reps at 150 = 3000, for a total load of 9500. Each rep should be done with perfect form. Do not allow yourself to keep going once fatigue impacts your form. Yes, you will have to do some math to figure out your total load 🙂
2 x AMRAP 8:
4 Handstand Push-Ups
8 Toes to Bar
12 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches (50#/35#)
Rest 2 minutes between AMRAP’s. Score total reps.
10 Med Ball Cleans (20#/14#)
Rest 3 minutes.
Hang Power Clean 5 x 5
10 Hang Power Cleans
10 Box Jumps