For those of you who were around last year for the Open, this might not be super shocking, but for those of you who weren’t, you better sit down for this. We’re doing it again! Hooking everyone up who competes in the Open with a super sweet limited edition T-Shirt. This shirt will never be for sale. It will never be run again. It will be a one of a kind, can’t get anything like it, t-shirt that will show everyone at LAX and where ever else you wear it that you competed in the 2013 CrossFit Games Open.
If you need some more reasons why you should compete in the Open, check out the post I did last year announcing the free t-shirt. It’s got a whole bunch of info and reasons. Just in case you’re too lazy to click the link, I did you a solid and copied the reasons for doing the Open:
- Do it for you – No matter how good you think you are or are not, this will make you better. It will make sure you get in at least once a week and throw down your best possible effort. It will test you in ways that you may have not been tested before. It’s a challenge, and knowing all of you are doing CrossFit because you don’t back away from challenges, assures me that you’re ready for this one.
- It’s for everyone, beginners too – Check it out.
It’s FUN – I know you all love getting your asses handed to you every time you walk in the gym. I see it in your faces once you’re done and laid out on the floor. For those of you who have not competed before, there is something a little different when you’re doing it when there is a little more on the line. When you know that those few seconds and reps may make a difference. This is your chance to experience that little bit extra meaning in a WOD, without having to hit 3 workouts on a Saturday and shelling out upwards of $80.
- See how you rank in the world – Believe it or not, regardless of where you’re at in your fitness journey, you might surprise yourself at how you stack up. People in all stages of CrossFit will be competing, and on any given week, you might surprise yourself with how well you do.
- Beat your box mates – You all have that person, or 5 that you regularly compare yourself to. You look at their times and weights on the board and hope to beat them. It’s fun and we’re all a little competitive. If you weren’t before, you’re probably finding yourself developing some competitive juices. Harness that energy. At the end of the Open, see where you and your friends end up.
- Being a part of a team – Some of you have found CrossFit because you were a former athlete. If you’re that person, you know that being on a team can be an amazing feeling. Pulling for one another, and helping each other to accomplish big goals. That’s another way CrossFit is amazing. We do that on a daily basis. We push each other to get better and strive to reach feats we never knew were possible. So join the team.
- Peer Pressure – All the cool kids are doing it.
- Free Stuff – Did I mention you’ll be getting a free t-shirt?
Workout of the Day 2/18/2013 – Monday
Power Snatch 3 x 2 – 1-1-1
Fight Gone Bad – 3 Rounds for Reps:
Wall Ball (20#/14#)
Sumo Deadlift High-Pull (75#/55#)
Box Jump (20″)
Push Press (75#/55#)
Row for Calories
In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of “rotate,” you must move to next station immediately. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.